Number is up for bingo hall
Gala bingo hall in Aldridge could be shut in a wave of national closures, it was announced this afternoon. The UKs biggest bingo operator Gala Coral said the club in Anchor Road was one of five it planned to close, putting around 300 jobs at risk nationwide.
Related Bingo News:
- Ex-bingo hall site snapped up by firms
- LI bingo halls feel the pinch
- House! New plan for bingo hall
- Bingo hall’s number is up with 14 jobs lost
- Woman’s number is up: Bingo hall bans her after she alleges cheating
- Bingo! Hard-working Paul is number one
- Friendship Centre Bingo Hall shutting its doors
- UK Focus) 2008-06-25 13:11 UK govt relaxes rules on bingo hall slot machines
- Bingo hall’s future bleak; new charities needed
- INXS finally gets real
- Number’s up for fat bingo call
- Bingo players have got William’s number…
Gambling history facts:
- At a land-based casino, if your slot machine is malfunctioning, you won't get paid if you win the jackpot! All slot machines have this written on them but many players are not aware of this policy. The casinos have a device which lets them know if a slot machine is malfunctioning or if it's been tinkered with. Your best bet is to stop playing at it and try another.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.