Number is up for bingo hall
Gala bingo hall in Aldridge could be shut in a wave of national closures, it was announced this afternoon. The UKs biggest bingo operator Gala Coral said the club in Anchor Road was one of five it planned to close, putting around 300 jobs at risk nationwide.
Related Bingo News:
- Ex-bingo hall site snapped up by firms
- LI bingo halls feel the pinch
- House! New plan for bingo hall
- Bingo hall’s number is up with 14 jobs lost
- Woman’s number is up: Bingo hall bans her after she alleges cheating
- Bingo! Hard-working Paul is number one
- Friendship Centre Bingo Hall shutting its doors
- UK Focus) 2008-06-25 13:11 UK govt relaxes rules on bingo hall slot machines
- Bingo hall’s future bleak; new charities needed
- INXS finally gets real
- Number’s up for fat bingo call
- Bingo players have got William’s number…
Gambling history facts:
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- If you have even seen a Baccarat player bend the cards and make a fold in them, don't be surprised. This is common because once the decks in the card shoe are finished in Baccarat, they are usually thrown away. In Baccarat, do not bet on a tie hand.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.