Casino gambling at Pleasure Island on citys agenda
City Councilman John Beard is ready to bet a casino on Pleasure Island would bring people to Port Arthur who are willing to spend their cash locally instead of across the state line in Louisiana.
Related Gambling News:
- Pleasure Island Pulse: Who would have thought that bingo could be an extreme sport?
- Atlantic Citys oldest casino brings back coins
- Regulators approve Rock Island casino’s move
- Double the Pleasure on Monday Night
- Coney Island casinos? A proposal is in the works
- 32Red sets up on virtual island
- Second casino planned for western Pacific island
- Casino Island To Go
- Gambling issue could return to Rhode Island
- Casino foes bring fight to island
- Wheeling Island to Keep the Dice Rolling
- Rhode Island to legalise internet gambling?
Gambling casinos history:
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.
- The MGM Grand, situated on the a Las Vegas strip has come up with a brand new slogan to promote the casino, "Think of all the New Year's resolutions you'll break." Some say it might even rival the famous Las Vegas catchphrase, "What happens here, stays here."
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.