Casino gambling at Pleasure Island on citys agenda
City Councilman John Beard is ready to bet a casino on Pleasure Island would bring people to Port Arthur who are willing to spend their cash locally instead of across the state line in Louisiana.
Related Gambling News:
- Pleasure Island Pulse: Who would have thought that bingo could be an extreme sport?
- Atlantic Citys oldest casino brings back coins
- Regulators approve Rock Island casino’s move
- Double the Pleasure on Monday Night
- Coney Island casinos? A proposal is in the works
- Second casino planned for western Pacific island
- Casino Island To Go
- 32Red sets up on virtual island
- Gambling issue could return to Rhode Island
- Casino foes bring fight to island
- Gambling back in Rhode Island legislature
- Rhode Island to legalise internet gambling?
Gambling casinos info:
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.