Rival casino groups in Ohio casino fight
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A West Virginia gambling company wants the Ohio Supreme Court to intervene in a fight over a plan to put casinos in the states largest cities. MTR Gaming Group filed a lawsuit late Friday with the high court, asking it to force Secre…
Related Casino News:
- Report: Groups have plan for 4 casinos in Ohio
- Rival casino groups file lawsuit late Friday in Ohio casino fight
- New Push for Casinos in Ohio
- 4 Casinos Proposed
- Dueling gambling groups in Ohio
- Hospitality groups push for slots in Ohio bars
- Stakes high, lines drawn in Ohio casino battle
- Stanley holds talks with casino rival LCI over £700m merger
- Foes: Casino plan hurts church festivals
- Launch of New Rival-Online-Casinos.com Website Provides Expert Reviews and Critical Data Concerning Rival Casinos
- Ohio Supreme Court: casino signatures stand
- No interest in convicted ex-Rep. Ohio casino plan
Gambling casinos info:
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.