Wednesday’s calendar of events
10 a.m. Golden K Kiwanis Club meets at Dawson Street Baptist Church. 12:30 p.m. The Thomasville Rotary Club meets at the Plaza. 5:45 p.m. Early bird Bingo games, sponsored by the Kouncil Club of Thomasville, are at St. Augustine Catholic Church social hall.
Related Bingo News:
- Latest Poker News Headlines 12-14 - Poker One of the Most Popular Search Terms in 2005
- Seniors group presents bingo games Wednesdays
- Casinos want more poker, interstate slots
- Selma Parks & Recreation Calendar Of Events
- Where to play
- 2006 PlayersOnly.com Calendar Girls Even Hotter Than Last Year
- Calendar: Events from Dec. 21 to 28
- Your Planner; Seniors
- Mark your calendar for some fun events
- Calendar of events
- Mum can win at Mother’s Day bingo
- Calendar of Events 8/5
Do you know that:
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.