Station Casinos swings to loss in second quarter
With unemployment in the Las Vegas area running at 12.3 percent in June, locals are spending less and Station Casinos Inc. appeared to be hit hard by that trend in the second quarter ended June 30.
Related Casino News:
- Station Casinos posts narrower 1st-quarter loss
- Station Casinos posts $65.3 million net loss in second quarter
- Isle of Capri Casinos Swings to 1Q Loss
- Station Casinos reports widening losses in fourth quarter
- Station Casinos Looking Up Despite 1Q Loss
- Station Casinos cuts losses in first quarter
- Sportingbet swings to H1 loss
- Station Casinos cuts losses in fourth quarter
- Shuffle Master Swings to 2Q Loss
- Station Casinos posts bigger 4Q loss on charges
- Sportingbet swings to a loss, shares fall
- Ameristar swings to 1Q loss on hefty impairment charge
Casino gambling information:
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.