Ohio Supreme Court hears challenge to slots plan
COLUMBUS — The state’s $933 million slot machine question is now in the hands of the Ohio Supreme Court. The court’s seven justices on Wednesday heard arguments in a case that challenges the governor’s and legislature’s authority to legalize…
Related Slots News:
- Casino proposal clears challenge, heads to ballot
- Ohio Supreme Court rules casino issue to remain on November ballot
- Kentucky Supreme Court Hears Online Gambling Case
- Court rejects challenge to casino issue
- Ohio governor says he regrets slot machine plan
- Supreme Court hears casino jurisdiction arguments
- Supreme Court hears online gambling case
- Gambling challenge moving slowly
- South Carolina Supreme Court Hears Poker Debate
- Ky. Supreme Court hears online gambling question
- Wyoming Supreme Court hears argument on instant racing machines
- Gambling company asks Ohio Supreme Court to intervene in fight over casino petition
Do you know that:
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.