Judge grants nonprofit bingo permit
Mobile-based House of Joshua Christian Center is the first nonprofit group to be granted an electronic bingo permit since the city approved the ordinance.
Related Bingo News:
- Judge orders Birmingham to issue bingo permit to church group
- Council grants permit for bingo facility near Roses
- St. Stephen nonprofit group undergoes investigation, voluntarily pulls gambling permit
- Judge denies Walker County bingo operators request to remain open
- Free Clinic adds Bingo as income source
- First Electronic Bingo Permit Issued in Birmingham
- Nonprofit groups want video bingo
- Group plans poker tournament, fundraiser
- Late-night bingo OKd for nonprofit arts school
- Triana files complaint to stop the raids of bingo halls
- Supporters of electronic bingo ask judge to reconsider ban
- County prepares to issue first bingo permit
Interesting gambling facts:
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.