CCHS to host basket bingo
The Culpeper County High School yearbook staff will host a basket bingo event on Oct. 17 at 14240 Achievement Drive.
Related Bingo News:
- St. Michael’s Basket Bingo
- News in brief: Band boosters to host basket bingo
- FFF to host purse, tote and basket bingo
- Fall Foliage Festival to host Basket Bingo
- Vendors can sign up for fundraising Basket Bingo and Vendor Fair
- PTA to hold basket bingo
- Basket Bingo includes Health Fair
- HHS track boosters host basket bingo
- Little Victories to host a basket, bear bingo
- Little Victories to host basket bingo
- Chamber To Host Basket Bingo
- Basket bingo planned in Williamsport
Interesting gambling information:
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.