Judge rules that Walker County electronic bingo halls are illegal
The Associated Press A judge ruled Monday that bingo halls in Walker County that use electronic player stations are illegal and has ordered the halls to shut down immediately.
Related Bingo News:
- Judge to rule again in Walker County bingo case
- Judge continues ban of electronic bingo in Walker
- Judge wont let Walker Co. bingo halls stay open
- Court Rules Electronic Bingo Illegal
- Judge rules Walker electronic bingo halls illegal
- Update: Walker County bingo halls must shut down, Jefferson County judge rules
- AL judge rules on electronic bingo case with reaction from Country Crossing
- Walker County commissioners discuss rules for electronic bingo operations
- Electronic bingo ruled illegal in Walker County
- Judge to rule again in Ala. bingo case
- Judge denies Walker County bingo operators request to remain open
- Judge says electronic bingo still outlawed in Walker County
Do you know that:
- The most significant forms of illegal gambling in the United States are numbers, betting with bookmakers or bookies, and sports pools or sports cards.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.