Gambling bust in Harris County nets machines and cash
HARRIS COUNTY, GA (WTVM) - Two people face charges after a gambling bust in Harris County.
Related Gambling News:
- Harris County crime: Sheriffs office finds 8 gambling machines at Lotus Cafe
- Gambling bust nets $25K cash seizure
- Gambling bust nets $290K
- Internet sportsbetting bust nets 5
- Investigation Nets Gambling Bust
- Gambling bust nets Foothills Resident
- Gambling bust nets veteran deputy, 4 others
- Eleven arrested in gambling bust
- Suspect in Union County Gambling Bust
- All bets are off: Nets ban gambling on team plane
- Photos: Video poker bust
- NJ Nets ban on-plane gambling in wake of Gilbert Arenas episode
Gambling casinos info:
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- Riverboat casinos were first legalized in Iowa, then Illinois, followed closely by Missouri, Indiana, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.