Electronic bingo battle continues
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Despite a ruling restricting electronic bingo gambling in the state from the Alabama Supreme Court, a legal battle continues over regulating bingo in Jefferson County.
Related Bingo News:
- Electronic bingo out, but Legion will see more money
- Bingo battle continues throughout Alabama
- Battle Over Bingo In Chickasaw
- Ala. court sides with gov again in bingo battle
- Bingo battle hits the Alabama Senate
- Bally asks to enter Alabama electronic bingo case
- Two area lawmakers at heart of bingo battle
- Rep. Black to introduce bill on referendum to allow electronic bingo and put a state tax on gross revenue
- Expect bloody battle over bingo in House
- Bingo Battle: Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Governor Riley
- Harp asks Tyson to take over in bingo battle
- First Electronic Bingo Permit Issued in Birmingham
Gambling history facts:
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".