Beal Bank bids for bankrupt Trump casino firm
Nov. 28–North Texas banker Andrew Beal is already famous as a poker player. Now he’s bidding for the whole casino.
Related Poker News:
- Donald Trump takes control of Atlantic City casinos, again
- Donald Trump to return to Atlantic City casinos
- Donald Trump Regains Control Of 3 A.C. Casinos
- Trump and Icahn to Battle for Casinos After Ruling
- Donald Trump approved to buy back Atlantic City casinos
- Donald Trump regains control of 3 Atlantic City casinos
- APNewsBreak: Donald Trump regains 3 AC casinos
- Trump Takes Back Casinos in Atlantic City
- Texas high roller open Paramus bank branch
- Beal Bank Nevada Originates $200,000,000 Senior Secured Term Loan
- Not so fast: Bondholders challenge plan to let Donald Trump regain 3 Atlantic City casinos
- Heads up | Icahn is upping his bet on Trumps casinos
Do you know that:
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.
- 2000: MGM Grand Inc. stages the gaming industry's largest corporate buyout with its $6 million purchase of Mirage Resorts Inc.
2005: Las Vegas celebrates one illustrious century on May 15.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."