Beal Bank bids for bankrupt Trump casino firm
Nov. 28–North Texas banker Andrew Beal is already famous as a poker player. Now he’s bidding for the whole casino.
Related Poker News:
- Donald Trump takes control of Atlantic City casinos, again
- Donald Trump to return to Atlantic City casinos
- Donald Trump Regains Control Of 3 A.C. Casinos
- Trump and Icahn to Battle for Casinos After Ruling
- Donald Trump approved to buy back Atlantic City casinos
- Donald Trump regains control of 3 Atlantic City casinos
- APNewsBreak: Donald Trump regains 3 AC casinos
- Trump Takes Back Casinos in Atlantic City
- Texas high roller open Paramus bank branch
- Beal Bank Nevada Originates $200,000,000 Senior Secured Term Loan
- Not so fast: Bondholders challenge plan to let Donald Trump regain 3 Atlantic City casinos
- Heads up | Icahn is upping his bet on Trumps casinos
Do you know that:
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.