The Buzz: Even California’s casinos are slumping
Here’s how bad things are in California: Even the Indian casinos are in a slump. The newest ann
Related Casino News:
- Buzz Sports’ ZonePlay for Favbet
- Buzz Sports teams up with Boylesports
- Buzz Sports flagship product for Dafabet
- InplayMatrix and Buzz Sports in software deal
- Slumping economy hits Indian casino industry
- Inland Southern California Casinos 2.1
- State House Dome: Lynch may be gambling buzz saw
- Lynch may be gambling buzz saw
- Questions Remain on Fate of East Bay Casino Plans
- AC in ‘12: Reveling in comeback or still slumping?
- Keep The Gambling Buzz From Turning Into Addiction
- Arizona’s take from casinos drops 9.4%
Gambling history facts:
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.