Gambling NC bank manager charged with stealing
STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Federal prosecutors accuse a former North Carolina bank manager of stealing more than $270,000 from customers, including her own parents, to fund an online gambling addiction. Prosecutors have charged 56-year-old Doris Stroud Renegar with embezzlement by a bank employee and identity theft. She is accused of stealing customers’ identities to take out loans, debiting …
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling N.C. Bank Manager Charged With Stealing
- Manager of raided casino charged
- Bar manager charged over gambling devices
- Bank manager jailed for stealing
- China bank managers charged over 485 million dollar scam
- Poker Pro Charged With Defrauding Bank
- Police: Gambling debt led Madison County woman to bank robbery
- Bank boss gambled with stolen £10m
- China bank officials charged with stealing more than 485 million dollars
- Bar manager is named in gambling count
- UK Focus) 2009-08-06 15:31 BRIEF-Web gambling payment processor charged with fraud, money laundering
- New: Bar manager charged with illegal gambling
Interesting gambling information:
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.