Gambling NC bank manager charged with stealing
STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Federal prosecutors accuse a former North Carolina bank manager of stealing more than $270,000 from customers, including her own parents, to fund an online gambling addiction. Prosecutors have charged 56-year-old Doris Stroud Renegar with embezzlement by a bank employee and identity theft. She is accused of stealing customers’ identities to take out loans, debiting …
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling N.C. Bank Manager Charged With Stealing
- Manager of raided casino charged
- Bar manager charged over gambling devices
- Bank manager jailed for stealing
- Former Bodog manager charged with further offences
- China bank managers charged over 485 million dollar scam
- Poker Pro Charged With Defrauding Bank
- Police: Gambling debt led Madison County woman to bank robbery
- Bank boss gambled with stolen £10m
- China bank officials charged with stealing more than 485 million dollars
- Bar manager is named in gambling count
- UK Focus) 2009-08-06 15:31 BRIEF-Web gambling payment processor charged with fraud, money laundering
Gambling casinos history:
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.