Betfair Launches World’s First Betting Application for Internet-Connected TVs
LONDON, January 6 /PRNewswire/ — - Betfair Invests in Technology and Development Team to Build Gambling TV Widget - With Photo BETFAIR, the world’s biggest betting community, has announced the launch of the first betting application for TVs running the Yahoo!(R) TV Widget Engine.
Related Sports Betting News:
- Betfair launches first betting application for connected TVs
- Betfair Backs Sports Getting Their Fair Share
- Betfair launches TV-based betting service
- Betfair Betting Exchange Announces Plan For Initial London Share Listing
- Betfair to Apply for Dutch Licence
- Betfair gets its license
- Another ground-breaking deal for Betfair
- Betfairs initiatives include:
- Clearwell Systems Powers In-House E-Discovery for Betfair
- Betfair NSW license application under attack
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
- Samsung and Betfair in interactive TV online gambling deal
Interesting gambling facts:
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.