Casino exemption complicates push for smoking ban
A leap by Kansas into the casino business has created an obstacle for public health advocates as they push for statewide restrictions on smoking in public places.
Related Casino News:
- Casino smoking ban exemption a target
- Another casino claims exemption from smoking ban
- No smoking in casinos after all?
- Odds against smoking in Atlantic City casinos
- Bingo halls want an exemption, too
- 1st casino goes to trial for smoking
- Detroit casinos want smoke ban exemption
- Casinos may get exemption from Michigan smoking ban
- German federal law complicates online gambling
- Casino exemption sparks smoking ban opposition
- City Council Considers Casino Smoking Ban
- Smoke ban’s exemption for casinos challenged
Gambling history facts:
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.