New Slot Machines Go in Ohio Gas Stations
They’re testing a new kind of slot machine at gas stations in the Akron-Canton area of Ohio.
Related Slots News:
- Ohio governor looks at alternatives to slot machines
- Ohio governor says he regrets slot machine plan
- Ohio Governor Regrets 2009 Slot Machine Plan
- Slot Machine Contributes Remain Secret - 8/7/2009
- EDITORIAL: Another Bad Idea: Second Slot-Machine Proposal is No Better Than the First One
- Strickland’s Slot Plan Hits Snag
- Forget slot machines; what Ohio needs is a budget cut
- Ohio slot machine timetable optimistic
- Flanders company tests slot machines in Ohio gas stations
- Strickland plan could mean 12,200 slots
- Church group will fight 24-hour Ohio slots
- Ohio horse track owners unhappy with lottery’s rules on putting slots at their facilities
Interesting gambling information:
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.