New Slot Machines Go in Ohio Gas Stations
They’re testing a new kind of slot machine at gas stations in the Akron-Canton area of Ohio.
Related Slots News:
- Ohio governor looks at alternatives to slot machines
- Ohio governor says he regrets slot machine plan
- Ohio Governor Regrets 2009 Slot Machine Plan
- Slot Machine Contributes Remain Secret - 8/7/2009
- EDITORIAL: Another Bad Idea: Second Slot-Machine Proposal is No Better Than the First One
- Strickland’s Slot Plan Hits Snag
- Forget slot machines; what Ohio needs is a budget cut
- Ohio slot machine timetable optimistic
- Flanders company tests slot machines in Ohio gas stations
- Strickland plan could mean 12,200 slots
- Church group will fight 24-hour Ohio slots
- Ohio horse track owners unhappy with lottery’s rules on putting slots at their facilities
Gambling casinos history:
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.