Bill to Legalize Gambling on Hawaiian Homelands Advances
Gambling on Hawaiian homestead property on the Big lsland or maybe Molokai ? A measure would allow the Hawaiian Homes Commission to set up a gaming authority, eventually overseeing gambling operations on native Hawaiian homelands.
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling in Hawaii nixed
- Hawaii gambling bill approved by House Judiciary Committee
- Hawaiian poker run fun
- Illinois Bill Would Legalize Online Poker
- Update: Lawmakers step up work to legalize table games at Pa. casinos
- Hawaiian Gardens Bingo Club moves
- Assembly bill would legalize N.Y. casinosbill wouldlegalize N.Y.casinosAssemblybill wouldlegalize N.Y.casinos
- Bill seeks to legalize sweepstakes cafes, games
- Bill would legalize Internet gambling in New Jersey
- Bill to legalize online poker in Calif. stalls
- Harry Reid Online Gambling Bill Aims To Legalize Internet Poker
- Pa. House To Take Up Bill To Legalize Table Games
Interesting gambling facts:
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996