Bill to Legalize Gambling on Hawaiian Homelands Advances
Gambling on Hawaiian homestead property on the Big lsland or maybe Molokai ? A measure would allow the Hawaiian Homes Commission to set up a gaming authority, eventually overseeing gambling operations on native Hawaiian homelands.
Related Gambling News:
- Gambling in Hawaii nixed
- Hawaii gambling bill approved by House Judiciary Committee
- Hawaiian poker run fun
- Illinois Bill Would Legalize Online Poker
- Hawaiian man jailed for facilitating online gambling
- Update: Lawmakers step up work to legalize table games at Pa. casinos
- Rep. Joe Barton introduces bill to legalize Internet poker in US
- Hawaiian Gardens Bingo Club moves
- Assembly bill would legalize N.Y. casinosbill wouldlegalize N.Y.casinosAssemblybill wouldlegalize N.Y.casinos
- Bill seeks to legalize sweepstakes cafes, games
- Bill would legalize Internet gambling in New Jersey
- Bill to legalize online poker in Calif. stalls
Gambling casinos info:
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.