Good tax deal for Betfair
Betfair has reportedly sealed its presence in the Tasmanian territory of Australia for the next ten years in a tax break deal with the provincial government that will cost taxpayers $2 million over the next two years, but keep the betting group’s 130 job Support Centre in Hobart for the next decade.
Betfair operations in Australia […]
Related Casino News:
- Hard times at Betfair
- Betfair results could be good news for investors
- Betfair shares World Cup online betting insight
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Betfair everywhere
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
- Betfair hires new Aussie ad agency
- Betfair on the wrong side of the ASA
- Betfair expands online games offering
- Tasmania TOTE and Betfair team up
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
Gambling casinos history:
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.
- In Paris, legislation prohibiting playing cards was passed in 1377, and in Italy, playing cards and dice were burned.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.