Icahn executive: Trump name hurts casinos
CAMDEN Carl Icahn, Donald Trumps bitter rival, may dump the Trump name and undertake a rebranding if he gets control of the Trump casinos in the bankruptcy battle between the two billionaires.
Related Casino News:
- Heads up | Icahn is upping his bet on Trumps casinos
- Icahn executive: Trump name not needed on casinos
- Summary Box: Trump and Icahn in a casino battle
- Trump, Icahn trade barbs in Atlantic City casino fight
- Trump objects to Icahn plan for casino
- Judge sets stage for Trump, Icahn casino battle
- Trump tells bankruptcy court Icahn would be “a mess” for casinos
- Trump Argues Name Cant Be Used By Icahn for Casinos
- Trump and Icahn to Battle for Casinos After Ruling
- Ruling favors Trump in casino bankruptcy showdown with Icahn
- Trump Casinos Need New Loan, Icahn Lawyer Tells Judge
- Investor Carl Icahn is willing to rebrand Atlantic City’s Trump casinos
Casino gambling facts:
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.