Bingo battle may shape upcoming elections
By M.J. Ellington, Montgomery Bureau Alabama politics have never seen a disagreement over an issue such as electronic bingo cause so much division between a governor and an attorney general, say people who track politics.
Related Bingo News:
- Underground Gambling Gauges Taiwan Elections
- Carnahan, Clay push for online gambling
- Bingo battle continues throughout Alabama
- Two St. Louis lawmakers pushing for online gambling
- Mecca sparks bingo battle
- Nevada wants to bet on political elections
- Forced by Olympic sked to cancel tourney, RP Badminton Open returns in 09
- Electronic bingo battle continues
- Bingo battle hits the Alabama Senate
- Battle Over Bingo In Chickasaw
- Battle over bingo heats up in legislature, courts
- Ala. court sides with gov again in bingo battle
Do you know that:
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.