Bingo battle may shape upcoming elections
By M.J. Ellington, Montgomery Bureau Alabama politics have never seen a disagreement over an issue such as electronic bingo cause so much division between a governor and an attorney general, say people who track politics.
Related Bingo News:
- Underground Gambling Gauges Taiwan Elections
- Carnahan, Clay push for online gambling
- Two St. Louis lawmakers pushing for online gambling
- Bingo battle continues throughout Alabama
- Mecca sparks bingo battle
- Nevada wants to bet on political elections
- Forced by Olympic sked to cancel tourney, RP Badminton Open returns in 09
- Electronic bingo battle continues
- Bingo battle hits the Alabama Senate
- Battle Over Bingo In Chickasaw
- Battle over bingo heats up in legislature, courts
- Ala. court sides with gov again in bingo battle
Gambling history facts:
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.