Mattoon Moose Club cited by state for illegal video gambling
MATTOON Illinois Liquor Control Commission agents cited the Moose Club this week reportedly for illegal video gambling machine payouts.
Related Gambling News:
- Moose chapter cited for Super Bowl gambling
- Columbia VFW cited for gambling
- Social club cited for gambling device
- Clearfield club owner is cited after bingo raid
- Electric City Moose club site of bingo
- Police blotter: Sportsman’s club cited with illegal gambling
- Poker club is busted
- Senior Notes
- Portsmouth area senior notes
- Pennsylvania casino cited for violations
- Casino Moose Jaw loses $29K when slots malfunction
- Manheim woman cited in dispute over slots seat
Casino gambling information:
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- The introduction of the single zero wheel (with better odds for the player) resulted in the demise of the double zero wheels in Europe and has become known as the "French Wheel" in roulette history.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.