Online gambling investors sue mutual fund
Shareholders of two Vanguard Group Inc funds have launched litigation in a Delaware court against the company and fund executives for allegedly investing their money in four illegal offshore Internet gambling businesses, reports the news agency Reuters.
The case again raises the question of whether mutual funds can be held liable for their investments in foreign […]
Related Casino News:
- Vanguard Group Inc. sued over online gambling investments
- ITV and Sportech kill TV gambling channel project “by mutual consent”
- Mutual fund takes a chunk of Playtech
- Internet Gambling Site IPO Excites Investors
- BetOnline investors betting on Sportsbetting.ag
- Betfair results could be good news for investors
- Minority investors sue over Emerald Casino losses
- Betsson investors celebrate record dividend
- Failed gambling venture leads to criminal securities fraud charges
- Gaming investors look to China
- London investors not in gambling mood
- Fantasy sports gaming provider acquired by private investors
Gambling history facts:
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.
- In Paris, legislation prohibiting playing cards was passed in 1377, and in Italy, playing cards and dice were burned.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.