China lottery sales soar in april
Chinese punters continued to strongly support the national lotteries in the country during April, generating revenues that soared 23.1 percent to 14.1 billion yuan (US$2.1 billion), reports the Xinghua news agency.
Ministry of Finance statistics released Friday showed that from January to April, lottery sales rose 24.1 percent year on year to 48.73 billion yuan (US$7.13 […]
Related Casino News:
- Chinese lottery sales soar 26.1 percent
- Chinese lottery sales continue to boom
- China lottery soars
- Chinese lottery sales up 27 percent
- China’s welfare lottery booms
- Legal or illegal, betting is still big business in China
- A lot of scratch: Big games reinvigorate lottery sales
- Report: Slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- New report: Slots hurting Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Oregon Lottery passes $1 billion in sales
- Mass. to consider online lottery sales
- Illinois relaunches lottery sales
Gambling casinos history:
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.