China lottery sales soar in april
Chinese punters continued to strongly support the national lotteries in the country during April, generating revenues that soared 23.1 percent to 14.1 billion yuan (US$2.1 billion), reports the Xinghua news agency.
Ministry of Finance statistics released Friday showed that from January to April, lottery sales rose 24.1 percent year on year to 48.73 billion yuan (US$7.13 […]
Related Casino News:
- Chinese lottery sales soar 26.1 percent
- Chinese lottery sales continue to boom
- China lottery soars
- Chinese lottery sales up 27 percent
- China’s welfare lottery booms
- Legal or illegal, betting is still big business in China
- A lot of scratch: Big games reinvigorate lottery sales
- Report: Slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- New report: Slots hurting Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Oregon Lottery passes $1 billion in sales
- Mass. to consider online lottery sales
- Illinois relaunches lottery sales
Casino gambling information:
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.