ECJ rules that Dutch can ban online gambling
Europe’s highest court ruled this week that the Dutch government is entitled to ban gambling on the Internet, dealing a legal blow to betting companies licensed in other EU nations who have been trying to access the Dutch market, reports Agence France Presse.
The report particularly notes Ladbrokes and Betfair among others which are banned in […]
Related Casino News:
- Dutch Council of State rules in Betfairs favour
- Dutch Government Pushes for Gambling Monopoly
- Befair to apply for Dutch online gambling licence
- Dutch mobilise bankers against illegal online gambling sites
- Dutch senate takes a more cautious approach
- Dutch bankers must cut ties with online gambling
- Dutch government seeks to allow online gambling
- Privacy row brewing as Dutch taxman contacts online players
- Strong anti-online gambling ruling from Dutch Supreme Court
- Dutch setback for Unibet
- Dutch online gambling market by end 2013?
- Ladbrokes, Betfair May Lose Challenge to Dutch Betting Rules
Gambling casinos info:
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.