The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars Licensed to Operate in France, ESPN Inside Deal, and More
In tonight’s Nightly Turbo we’re bringing you the day’s top poker news stories including PokerStars being granted a license in France, the latest ESPN Inside Deal with Dean Hamrick, Vanessa Rousso and Phil Laak, and more.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Republican Party Backs U.S. Online Poker Ban, PokerStars Radio, & More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars Files to Dismiss Charges, Phil Ivey Interview, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Petition Against Howard Lederer, PokerStars’ Legal Battle, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Guess the New PokerStars Pro, Shaun Deeb Boxing Match, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars Celebrates 95 Billionth Hand, Macau Poker Cup, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: FTP Repayment Update, Brandon Cantu and Jon Aguiar Rematch, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Randy Lew’s World Record, Poker Players on Reality TV, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: SuperStar Showdown Results, World Poker Tour in Florida, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerNews Nominated for iGB Awards, More Sites Pull Out of Washington, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Phil Galfond’s College Years, Zoom Poker’s Official Launch, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Viktor Blom Won’t Defend PCA Title, Romanello’s Innovative Poker Game
- Only Three Days Left to Qualify for the PokerStars Turbo Championship of Online Poker
Gambling casinos history:
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.