Anybody’s guess about Betfair’s IPO ambitions
The persistent rumours that online gambling group Betfair is to go public in the UK (see previous InfoPowa reports) were given added momentum this week by a Sky News report that the IPO could come as soon as September 2010.
The report named Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as the advisers on the project, and noted […]
Related Casino News:
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Betfair everywhere
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
- Betfair hires new Aussie ad agency
- Betfair on the wrong side of the ASA
- Guess the Slot Competition - $100 Cash Prize
- Betfair expands online games offering
- Tasmania TOTE and Betfair team up
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
- Betfair TV advertising innovation
- Harrah’s Selects Betfair.com as ‘Presenting Sponsor’ of World Series of Poker Europe
Casino gambling facts:
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.