Anybody’s guess about Betfair’s IPO ambitions
The persistent rumours that online gambling group Betfair is to go public in the UK (see previous InfoPowa reports) were given added momentum this week by a Sky News report that the IPO could come as soon as September 2010.
The report named Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as the advisers on the project, and noted […]
Related Casino News:
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Betfair everywhere
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
- Betfair hires new Aussie ad agency
- Betfair on the wrong side of the ASA
- Guess the Slot Competition - $100 Cash Prize
- Betfair expands online games offering
- Tasmania TOTE and Betfair team up
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
- Betfair TV advertising innovation
- New ad campaign launch for Betfair
Gambling history facts:
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.