An Update on Intrastate Online Poker in New Jersey
Legislation to establish intrastate online poker in New Jersey has stagnated in recent months, overshadowed by discussions to completely overhaul the gambling industry in the state.
Related Poker News:
- Iowa legislature pursuing intrastate online poker
- Nevada legislators consider regulating intrastate online poker
- California Intrastate Poker: Dorinson Changes Sides
- Plans for Intrastate Online Poker in Washington, D.C.
- Iowa legalisation bill progresses
- Poker room PKR unveils software update
- Justice Dept. confirms that most intrastate online gambling is legal
- Online Poker Debate Heats Up in New Jersey and California
- New Jersey legalizes online poker
- Nevada Passes Online Poker Regulations
- Online Poker Domain Seizure Case Update
- Peter Jenkins commented on the blog post Should online poker be legalized in Iowa?
Gambling casinos info:
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.