An Update on Intrastate Online Poker in New Jersey
Legislation to establish intrastate online poker in New Jersey has stagnated in recent months, overshadowed by discussions to completely overhaul the gambling industry in the state.
Related Poker News:
- Iowa legislature pursuing intrastate online poker
- Nevada legislators consider regulating intrastate online poker
- California Intrastate Poker: Dorinson Changes Sides
- Plans for Intrastate Online Poker in Washington, D.C.
- Iowa legalisation bill progresses
- Justice Dept. confirms that most intrastate online gambling is legal
- Poker room PKR unveils software update
- Online Poker Debate Heats Up in New Jersey and California
- New Jersey legalizes online poker
- Nevada Passes Online Poker Regulations
- Peter Jenkins commented on the blog post Should online poker be legalized in Iowa?
- Online Poker Domain Seizure Case Update
Casino gambling information:
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.