Betfair in Philippines gaming deal?
The UK and Australian-based Betfair online gambling group has been given an opportunity to expand into the Pacific Ring market following an offer from Manila, Philippines-based Diversified Financial Network Inc.(DFNN), reports the Philippine Daily Inquirer. DFNN reported to the Philippine Stock Exchange that it has offered Betfair an option to purchase up to 40 percent […]
Related Casino News:
- Philippines Gambling, Church and Law
- Betfair to take on Amaya Gaming content
- Packer to invest $1.5B in casino venture — PAGCOR
- Asianlogic on the move again
- Betfair Director of Gaming moves on to Rational Group
- Betfair expands online games offering
- Zone4Play Signs Multi-Year Agreement With Betfair
- Philippines online gambling licensing row
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Differing perspectives in the Philippines
- Philippines politician wants a national gaming regulator
- Betfair eyes major sports
Gambling history facts:
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.