Is Russia rethinking draconian gambling strategy?
Russia’s draconian exile of gambling operations to four remote areas of the vast country is apparently not generating commercial enthusiasm from either operators or players, according to a report in the publication RT. Failed attempts to get operators to invest in the original designated areas lies at the heart of a possibly more pragmatic approach […]
Related Casino News:
- Ukraine draft bans online gambling
- Where have all the Russians gone?
- Gambling could be good for Belarus
- Russia closes casinos following ban on gambling
- Gambling business becomes extinct in Russia
- Russia Puts Kibosh On Gambling
- Exiled by Russia: Casinos and Jobs
- Russia casinos forced to close down
- Gambling loser kicks up rumpus in south Russia
- Russia bans all gambling and shuts casinos
- New attack on Washington State’s draconian online gambling laws
- Gambling Surges in Russia, Despite Near Total Ban
Casino gambling information:
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.