Don’t let poker business come to Hampton Falls
I write in frustration and disgust. People in our town were not properly notified that David Benoit planned and has been conditionally approved to operate a “275-seat function hall.” Folks, this is a gambling operation that plans to operate in Hampton Falls, diagonally across from Leather and Lace! This operation approval has breezed through, and I …
Related Poker News:
- Hampton gambling suspects face judge
- Hampton gambling case now to grand jury
- Poker Room opens for business
- Hampton police raid 3 suspected gambling sites
- Video-gambling machines seized in Hampton raids
- Grand Jury Indicts Hampton Roads Man in Connection to Illegal Gambling Operation
- Local gambling investigation continues
- Recount confirms: Hampton voters reject bingo, Lucky 7
- Casino Citys Internet Gambling Report Just Released with the Latest Online Gaming Legal Developments around the
- Hampton Falls resident wants Poker Room to fold ‘em
- November 02: Feedback from newspaper readers
- Lawmaker proposes gambling devices in bars
Do you know that:
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.