Canadian lottery scam revealed
The owner of a Toronto convenience store who stole a winning lottery ticket worth Cdn$12.5 million, aided by family accomplices, is at the centre of a lottery scam that has shocked residents in Ontario, Canada. At a press conference in Toronto Wednesday the provincial police and the management of Ontario Lottery and Gaming appealed to […]
Related Casino News:
- Another lottery pay-out scam?
- New lottery scandal brewing in Canada
- Connecticut lottery scam ring busted
- Lottery scam exposed in South Africa
- African arrests in internet lottery scam
- Top lottery scam crook detained in Jamaica
- Jamaican scam lottery criminals arrested
- Jamaican lottery scam arrest ripples widen
- Canadian lottery claim headed for the courts
- Canadian lottery to expand into other gaming?
- Parlay crosses swords with Canadian lottery
- Raffles, scratch cards and lottery gambling
Gambling history facts:
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.