2010 World Series of Poker Final Table countdown: 7-days out
With just seven days to go before the November Nine reconvene at the Rio in Las Vegas, Nevada to crown the 2010 WSOP Champion I thought this would be a good time to start counting down to the WSOP final table by looking at some of the major storylines that will be on display at the final table.
Related Poker News:
- World Series of Poker final table will be played November 6, 2010
- A glance at the World Series of Poker final table
- 2010 World Series of Poker Final Table countdown: T minus 6 and counting
- Euro Poker: WSOP Europe Final Table Preview
- World Series of Poker to determine final table
- 2010 World Series of Poker: What Happened to the Final Table?
- Canadian Lam makes final table at World Series of Poker
- Players vie for final World Series of Poker table
- Two Final Table Players at World Series of Poker Cash In PartyPoker.com Satellites for a Shot at $7.5 Million
- Shelby Township man makes World Series of Poker’s final table
- Saginaw’s Nicholas Cushman Michigan’s top finisher at World Series of Poker main event
- Ryan Lenaghan of Mobile falls just short of making World Series of Poker final table
Casino gambling information:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.