Sector Snap: Mixed casino results seen in Gulf
A Jefferies & Co. analyst said casinos along the Gulf Coast should report mixed results in upcoming revenue reports, noting the region still lags other markets.
Related Casino News:
- Sector Snap: Casinos mixed on June Macau results
- Sector Snap: Casino Stocks Mixed
- Sector Snap: Casino, equipment cos. mostly down
- Sector Snap: Casino stocks mixed after rate cut
- Sector Snap: Casinos operators mixed on Macau data
- Mixed results in Betsson first quarter report
- Sector Snap: some casino cos. up on Macau strength
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Sector Snap: Analysts fear weak qtr for casinos
- Sector Snap: Casinos rise on possible Vegas uptick
- Sector Snap: Casinos up as liquidity concerns ease
- Sector Glance: Casino Operators Mixed
Interesting gambling facts:
- Up to the 1960s, Nevada was plagued by teamster financing, hidden ownership, employment of individuals of questionable character and background, and the clear links to organized crime.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.