Sector Snap: Mixed casino results seen in Gulf
A Jefferies & Co. analyst said casinos along the Gulf Coast should report mixed results in upcoming revenue reports, noting the region still lags other markets.
Related Casino News:
- Sector Snap: Casinos mixed on June Macau results
- Sector Snap: Casino Stocks Mixed
- Sector Snap: Casino, equipment cos. mostly down
- Sector Snap: Casino stocks mixed after rate cut
- Sector Snap: Casinos operators mixed on Macau data
- Mixed results in Betsson first quarter report
- Sector Snap: some casino cos. up on Macau strength
- Sector Snap: Analysts fear weak qtr for casinos
- Mixed results in Q3-2013 from Betfair
- Sector Snap: Casinos rise on possible Vegas uptick
- Sector Snap: Casinos up as liquidity concerns ease
- Sector Glance: Casino Operators Mixed
Casino gambling information:
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.