Kiwanis bingo at the moose, Tuesday evenings. The CWU Museum of Culture and Environment (MCE) says farewell to two exhibits. “Beyond Black and White: The Stories Behind…
Related Bingo News:
- Kiwanis host Turkey Bingo
- Les Cockrell: Fledgling Krum Kiwanis plan bingo fundraiser
- Ferndale Kiwanis hosts third annual cow pie bingo
- Kiwanis Club to host basket bingo in April
- Sparta Kiwanis Casino Night aims to help children
- Woodland Kiwanis raise $13,000 for children in annual poker tournament
- Ham Bingo coming up
- Red Bluff Kiwanis Cards For Kids Poker winner
- Turkey ‘BINGO!’
- Sertoma Bingo Hall, Dollar Bills Casino Robbed by Simlar Suspect
- Gobble, gobble, gobble it’s Turkey Bingo
Interesting gambling information:
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.