Editorial: Casino concerns
It would be harder to explain than the reason two of the four aces in your poker hand are clubs.
Related Poker News:
- Editorial: Supporting law, not gambling
- DeWeese discusses numerous issues
- Casino concerns soundly rejected
- MP raises concerns over possible importation of casino workers
- Casino study cites Monson’s concerns
- NCAA raises concerns about gambling relationship
- The people have spoken on Ohio casinos: editorial
- Growing concerns over Bovada payment slowdown
- U.S. editorial excerpts -7-+
- Sector Snap: Casinos up as liquidity concerns ease
- Editorial: Keeping a lid on gaming plans
- Oakeshott shows concerns on pokies reforms
Casino gambling facts:
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.