Learn to play good defense at the blackjack table
Mark Gruetze has been a recreational gambler for more than 30 years, focusing on blackjack, video poker and poker.
Related Poker News:
- Amateur Gamblers Learn Insider Blackjack Secrets from the Pros
- Strategies for Online Casino Blackjack at online casino news and casinos update
- In defense of tight play
- Why Players Lose
- Is internet poker coming back?
- Play to Win: A World Champion’s Guide to Winning Blackjack Tournaments
- Learn How to Handle the Blinds
- Celebrity Bingo Benefit Raises Money for New York Theater Group
- Defense the best offense when betting NBA playoff totals
- Joe Blackjack Doesn’t Play As Well As He Thinks
- Defense grills witness in Ala. gambling trial
- Top Game launches multi hand blackjack
Interesting gambling information:
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.