Heads up | Icahn is upping his bet on Trumps casinos
Upping his bet Billionaire investor Carl Icahn plans to pump still more cash into his bid to buy Donald Trumps bankrupt casinos, according to papers filed in federal court. Icahn already had agreed to buy a majority of the $486 million bank debt on the three properties: Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino, Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort and Trump Marina Hotel Casino. In the latest filing, Icahn …
Related Casino News:
- Trump Argues Name Cant Be Used By Icahn for Casinos
- Trump Argues Name Cant Be Used by Icahn for Bankrupt Casinos
- Icahn executive: Trump name hurts casinos
- Carl Icahn pumps up bid to buy Trump casinos
- Icahn group buys AC Tropicana casino, 80 pct off
- Report: Icahn offers $125M more for Trump casinos
- Icahn company offers $125M more for Trump casinos
- Icahn vs. Trump: Casino Fight Heads to Court
- Trump objects to Icahn plan for casino
- Financier Icahn may offer to buy Tropicana casino
- Icahn Company Sells 4 Nevada Casinos
- Summary Box: Trump and Icahn in a casino battle
Interesting gambling facts:
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- Riverboat casinos were first legalized in Iowa, then Illinois, followed closely by Missouri, Indiana, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- The first airplane flight to Las Vegas was made in May, 1920, with Lieutenant Randall Henderson, editor of the Blythe, California Herald, and Jack Beckley.