Comic Kathleen Madigan Hated War Zones, but Would Return
Jan. 19, 2011A A -A A Funny lady Kathleen Madigan has a lot of negative memories of her recently completed 10-day USO tour to Iraq and Afghanistan with pal Lewis Black.
Related Poker News:
- Gambling in the way of new state budget
- Madigan says no to gambling
- Madigan wants tougher gambling laws before casino expansion
- Madigan wants tighter casino oversight
- Madigan says no gambling expansion this year
- Madigan Kills Push To Expand Illinois Gambling
- Madigan proposes overhaul of state gambling board
- Jody Madigan Named Chief Financial Officer of Maryland Live! Casino
- Madigan: Illinois Needs Casino Regulation Overhaul
- ‘Lost’ creator joins ‘Ultimate’ comic universe
- Photo Essay: Comic Con Bingo 2008
- Garfield's Comic Boom Receives NAPPA Honors Award
Gambling casinos history:
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.