Romanian operators face tax hike
The attempt by the Romanian Gambling Association to head off a tax hike it claims was unconstitutional failed this week when the courts ruled it out of order. According to reports in Mediafax, the government issued a decree in June 2009 arbitrarily setting the licence fee for casinos at 400,000 lei (around Euro 95 000) […]
Related Casino News:
- Goa casinos shut in protest at hike in entry fees
- Olympic Entertainment exists Romania
- Gibraltar taxes on internet gambling operators to rise tenfol
- Casinos to remain closed tomorrow against fee hike
- Casinos call budget provision a tax hike; Kasich says it isn’t
- Political experts betting against casino tax hike
- Poll: Floridians want Seminole gambling pact, no tuition hike
- Bingo duty hike to hit Rank
- Casinos to remain shut in Goa Wednesday
- Bingo players call for House to axe tax
- Cash strapped Hungary to hike gambling taxes
- Irish betting tax hike appears inevitable
Casino gambling facts:
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.