Court case drags on in Houma truck stop casino dispute
A developer who was denied permission to open a truck-stop casino in Houma will likely have to wait more than a month to see whether a court decision goes his way.
Related Poker News:
- Indian casino king drags govt to court amid licence row:report
- News briefs Want to eat on Thanksgiving free?
- Tatts settles ‘unfair’ case out of court
- Ala. court clarifies judge’s role in bingo case
- Houma Police nab pair for bingo hall theft
- Kentucky Supreme Court Hears Online Gambling Case
- Single game sports betting drags on in the Canadian senate
- Supreme Court ruling favors state in Internet gambling case
- French court delivers split verdict in trademark case
- Pubs in line for fruit machine tax windfall
- Eastday-Biggest online gambling case for court
- Former Cat Walker Makes Court Appearance In Gambling Debt Case
Casino gambling information:
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.