Court case drags on in Houma truck stop casino dispute
A developer who was denied permission to open a truck-stop casino in Houma will likely have to wait more than a month to see whether a court decision goes his way.
Related Poker News:
- Indian casino king drags govt to court amid licence row:report
- News briefs Want to eat on Thanksgiving free?
- Tatts settles ‘unfair’ case out of court
- Ala. court clarifies judge’s role in bingo case
- Houma Police nab pair for bingo hall theft
- Kentucky Supreme Court Hears Online Gambling Case
- Supreme Court ruling favors state in Internet gambling case
- French court delivers split verdict in trademark case
- Pubs in line for fruit machine tax windfall
- Eastday-Biggest online gambling case for court
- Former Cat Walker Makes Court Appearance In Gambling Debt Case
- Nevada high court hears poker star’s divorce case
Do you know that:
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- Baccarat is the principal of casino card games in the United Kingdom and Europe. Blackjack is a fixture in all American casinos.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.