Spain revises tax model in draft e-gaming law
The Spanish Government has apparently taken note of recommendations regarding the regulation of online gambling made by the online sector, consumer associations, gaming firms and other stakeholders and has revised the draft gaming bill to be submitted to Parliament according to a statement from trade association AEDAPI. After consultation on the proposed bill, the Government […]
Related Casino News:
- Spanish Government approves draft on gaming regulations
- Splash on Spain
- Prop shop: NBA draft betting
- Spain sees gamble in vision of 'Sin City'
- Vamanos! Online Gambling Hits Off in Spain
- Poker Player Sets Historic US And Spain Record
- Bill Syken: Betting on the NFL Draft
- Online slots for Spain?
- Online gambling: playing it safe in Spain
- Internet gambling challenged in Spain
- The ‘indispensable layer’ and sports
- FIFA faces off against Spain, Albania, other governments
Casino gambling facts:
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.