Top Swedish judges attend ‘poker school’
An expert poker player gave Sweden’s highest ranking judges a lesson on the art of playing cards on Tuesday in a case examining whether Texas Hold’em is a game of skill or chance.
Related Poker News:
- Founders of Swedish poker site hit the jackpot
- Judges grill gambling industry reps in video poker case
- Judges rule slots referendum ‘misleading,’ order revision
- Swedish Poker Player Lundmark Takes EPT Title
- More detail on Swedish problem gambling study
- Judges to decide Northampton casino’s fate
- Judges: Slot Referendum Question Must Be Changed
- Judges to rule on slots referendum today
- Tradition of caring
- Judges skeptical about slots referendum language
- Spanish taxman learns from Swedish counterpart
- Swedish newspapers get their day in court
Gambling casinos info:
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- The current wave of legal lotteries started in New Hampshire, spread to other North-Eastern states, and then across the nation.
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.