Virginia leaning towards a draconian ban a la Washington State?
Some US states may be taking a more pragmatic approach to the legalisation of online gambling, but it appears that Virginia is not among them. State politician Clifford L. Athey Jr is at the forefront of moves to “clarify” the state’s position on internet gambling….and not in a good way for the industry. Athey has […]
Related Casino News:
- West Virginia casino vote considered
- West Virginia senate approves table gambling
- Casino table games debut at West Virginia tracks
- Hot Ideas for Cool Winter Getaways in Virginia
- New attack on Washington State’s draconian online gambling laws
- Sports betting: In Week 14, take the over on Nevada and a Pac-12 title game
- Is Russia rethinking draconian gambling strategy?
- Voters leaning toward casinos
- Virginia sports betting bust
- West Virginia City Discusses Video Gambling Options
- Looking at the Final Four Games
- West Virginia may consider online gambling legalisation
Casino gambling facts:
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- The MGM Grand, situated on the a Las Vegas strip has come up with a brand new slogan to promote the casino, "Think of all the New Year's resolutions you'll break." Some say it might even rival the famous Las Vegas catchphrase, "What happens here, stays here."
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.