Cigarette Tax Hike For Public Works Programs?
Illinois State Senate President John Cullerton is seeking a $1 per pack increase in the state cigarette tax to generate funds for a major public works program.
Related Poker News:
- Cullerton eyes cigarette tax hike, GOP backs away
- Preckwinkle wants $1-a-pack cigarette tax hike
- Atlantic City Mulls Casino Smoking Ban
- Casinos to remain closed tomorrow against fee hike
- Political experts betting against casino tax hike
- Legion never operated on public donations
- Poll: Floridians want Seminole gambling pact, no tuition hike
- Goa casinos shut in protest at hike in entry fees
- Romanian operators face tax hike
- Even before the new casinos open, Britons risk £4.2bn at the tables
- Nevada may ease smoking ban
- Bingo duty hike to hit Rank
Gambling casinos history:
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- In 1891, Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn began to manufacture the first nationally known poker card machines. The machines maintained their enormous popularity until just before World War I.
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.