Cigarette Tax Hike For Public Works Programs?
Illinois State Senate President John Cullerton is seeking a $1 per pack increase in the state cigarette tax to generate funds for a major public works program.
Related Poker News:
- Cullerton eyes cigarette tax hike, GOP backs away
- Preckwinkle wants $1-a-pack cigarette tax hike
- Atlantic City Mulls Casino Smoking Ban
- Casinos to remain closed tomorrow against fee hike
- Political experts betting against casino tax hike
- Legion never operated on public donations
- Poll: Floridians want Seminole gambling pact, no tuition hike
- Goa casinos shut in protest at hike in entry fees
- Even before the new casinos open, Britons risk £4.2bn at the tables
- Romanian operators face tax hike
- Nevada may ease smoking ban
- Bingo duty hike to hit Rank
Casino gambling facts:
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- Parimutuel wagering refers to the type of gambling where the total prize pool is based upon the amount of money wagered. The more money gambled, the bigger the prize.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.