Cullerton eyes cigarette tax hike, GOP backs away
Democrats in the Illinois Senate may be on their own as they try again to raise the state’s cigarette tax.
Related Poker News:
- Cigarette Tax Hike For Public Works Programs?
- Cullerton pulls online gambling bill off the Illinois agenda
- Preckwinkle wants $1-a-pack cigarette tax hike
- Gambling Bill Vote Expected Next Week: Cullerton
- New ban rolls snake eyes
- Cullerton open to cutting gambling positions
- Casinos to remain closed tomorrow against fee hike
- As Atlantic City Eyes Smoking Ban, Casinos Fear Losses
- Political experts betting against casino tax hike
- Poll: Floridians want Seminole gambling pact, no tuition hike
- Goa casinos shut in protest at hike in entry fees
- Romanian operators face tax hike
Gambling casinos info:
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.