Poker Tournament Postponed Over Legal Concerns
Not as cool with lows around 50. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Related Poker News:
- Rondy poker tournament called off
- Bellagio Introduces Newly Designed Poker Chip
- Jack Evans: Internet gambling “hot spots” postponed
- Las Vegas man wins first legal online poker tournament in United States
- Delaware disappointment as Senate vote is postponed
- MP raises concerns over possible importation of casino workers
- Irish online gambling tax postponed
- Concerns over Turkish football corruption
- PokerNews Weekly: Tons of Tournament Winners and Some Organized Crime
- Oakeshott shows concerns on pokies reforms
- Bootfest Poker Tournament canceled, city cites legal reasons
- First Texas Hold ‘em Tournament in DE
Interesting gambling information:
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.