Contradictory court rulings in German courts last week only added to the general confusion on the legality in EU terms of the monopolistic States Treaty on Gaming. The treaty, an agreement among the 16 German provinces that gives them monopolistic control over the lucrative German gambling market, is currently under review following differences of opinion […]
Related Casino News:
- German federal law complicates online gambling
- German states on a collision course with EC
- Germany abandons monopolised gambling
- Online slot confusion
- German refs goes on trial for match fixing
- New EU Commissioner resolved to settle online gambling confusion
- The German grey zone
- EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
- Casino confusion remains
- Confusion in Greece on internet gambling
- Big Casino closes amid confusion
- German lottery site plans UK debut
Interesting gambling facts:
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996