More criticism for German “liberalisation”
The recent announcement that the 16 German states are to move away from the current monopolised business model on gambling and introduce a regime more in compliance with European norms remains a cause for concern, with GVC Holdings the latest to comment on the issue. In a statement this week the Isle of Man based […]
Related Casino News:
- German online gambling ban unconstitutional say experts
- German states on a collision course with EC
- Germany abandons monopolised gambling
- German confusion
- German refs goes on trial for match fixing
- The German grey zone
- EC renews warnings to Sweden and Germany
- German lottery site plans UK debut
- German state lotteries join forces
- Legal victory for online German firm
- German football bosses deny Schweinsteiger betting report
- German Domain Name Casino.de Sold for USD 591,000.00
Do you know that:
- Legal gambling operations in Washington reported $1.7 billion in net receipts in 2005: 61 percent was reported by tribal casinos, 10 percent came from the state lottery. 2 percent of responders in a February state survey said they placed bets online.
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.