Williams Becomes Favourite No 4
SHEFFIELD, England, April 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Mark Williams has become the fourth different clear favourite with the sponsors for the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship, cut to 2/1 after opening a 5-3 lead in his semi-final against John Higgins. The Welshman is 8/13 to reach the final at the expense of the Scot, who has drifted to 5/2 to land a fourth Crucible title and 6/5 to avenge his two previous semi-final defeats by Williams. Judd Trump is now the 9/4
–Trump 9/1 for Back-to-Back Titles
–Sir Alex Set to be National Enemy of the Bookies
–Betfred Scoop Top Award
Related Gambling News:
- Williams 15/8 for Third World Title
- Royal Wedding Bashes Bookies
- Adlington the new favourite to receive BBC honour
- David Williams Poker Player in Porn Video?
- Robbie Williams Enjoys Poker In Swindon
- Bingo.com Appoints Jason Williams as President and CEO
- Cats skinniest flag favourite
- Wizard of Oz instalment from Williams Interactive
- The Montel Williams MS Foundation to Ring the NASDAQ Stock Market Closing Bell
- Gambling fight shifts to court
- Williams Interactive speaks on future direction
- Williams declares slots dead for 2010
Interesting gambling information:
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.